Algorithmia’s is pleased to announce a new, built-in AWS Lambda Node.js blueprint, making it easy to call the Algorithmia API in response to events from Amazon Kinesis, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon S3, and other Amazon web services.
With Algorithmia you have access to the largest marketplace of algorithms in the world in less than five lines of code. Leverage state-of-the-art algorithms to recognize patterns in data, extract visual knowledge, understand audio, classify unstructured data, and derive meaning from language.
AWS Lambda is a service that lets you run code without provisioning or managing servers, making it easy to build applications that respond quickly to new information. Lambda manages the resources for you automatically.
Together, Algorithmia and Lambda make it easy to rapidly build and deploy serverless solutions in minutes. For example, you could combine several algorithms from Algorithmia to:
- Automatically generate smart thumbnails (using face detection to ensure every thumbnail is perfectly cropped)
- Take advantage of Algorithmia’s speech-to-text algorithm to transcribe videos uploaded to S3 on the fly
- You could even leverage a predictive model every time DynamoDB updates
How to Get Started with Algorithmia + AWS Lambda:
- Navigate to the AWS Lambda console
- Select Create a Lambda function
- Type Algorithmia into the filter
- Select the Algorithmia blueprint
- Setup Auth in your Lambda function using the below guide
- Specify your algorithm and input data