A year ago, we shared with you our belief that Algorithm Development is Broken, where we laid out the problems in the world of algorithm development, and our vision of how to make things better.
Since then, we’ve been working hard to create our vision of the world’s first open marketplace for algorithms – and you, the developers of the world, have enthusiastically joined us to help active the algorithm economy.
Today, we are proud to open our doors to the world, and deliver on our promise of a global, always-available, open marketplace for algorithms. For the first time, algorithm developers can publish their algorithms as a live API and applications can be made smarter by taking advantage of these intelligent algorithms.
Algorithm Development with Algorithmia
- Live: easy access to any algorithm, callable at any time
- No dependencies: no downloads, no installs, no stress
- Interoperable: call any algorithm regardless of programming language
- Composable: algorithms are building blocks, build something bigger!
- Invisible but powerful infrastructure: don’t worry about containers, networks, or scaling; we make your algorithm scale to hundreds of machines
- No operations: we scale, meter, optimize and bill for you
With our public launch we are enabling payments and go from being a repository of algorithms, to a true marketplace:
- For algorithm developers, Algorithmia provides a unique opportunity to increase the impact of their work and collect the rewards associated with it.
- For application developers, Algorithmia provides the largest repository of live algorithms ever assembled, supported by a vibrant community of developers.
So far, users have contributed over 800 algorithms, all under one API that grows every day. The most exciting thing from our point of view is watching the Algorithmia Marketplace grow and expand in its functionality.
In just the last few months, Algorithmia has gained the ability to:
- Summarize and generate topics from unstructured text
- Extract structure and information from arbitrary websites
- Perform computer vision tasks like Face Detection and Image Similarity
- Look for patterns and anomalies in data
- Dozens of microservice building blocks
- … with more added every day
Thanks to the thousands of developers who joined our cause, contributed algorithms, and gave us countless hours of feedback so far. We are very excited to be opening our doors, and we look forward to helping you create something amazing!
Interested? Join the largest marketplace for algorithms in the world.